The home inspection is an unbiased, professional assessment of the condition of the house. It provides you an expert opinion and professional report on the condition of the physical structure and various systems within a house. Giving you peace of mind on what is likely the largest purchase you’ll ever make.
In order to prepare the report, an inspector must conduct a visual inspection of the house. The time the inspection process takes varies, according to the size and condition of the home. I strongly encourage my customers to accompany me during the inspection. This will give you a chance to ask questions, become familiar with the systems of the home and it gives me the opportunity to explain my finding to you first hand.
A home inspection is a visual inspection of the structural elements and systems which are accessible. This typically includes:
- Grading & Drainage
- Roof Structure & Attic– Including amount of insulation in the attic.
- Walls (Interior & Exterior)
- Ceilings & Floors
- Doors (Interior & Exterior)
- Electrical systems
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems (HVAC)
- Plumbing systems
- Appliances – Dishwasher, Food Disposer, Range Hood, Ranges/Ovens/Cooktops, Microwave (attached), Trash Compactor, Bathroom Exhaust Fans, Garage door Openers, Door Bell and Dryer Vent.
- Sprinkler Systems can also be evaluated for an additional fee.
I will tell you of any problems that are discovered and discuss them with you. We will also tell you about routine maintenance that should be performed, as well as answer any questions you may have. You also receive a full written report of the inspection. If you ever have any questions about the inspection, you can give me a call.